Effective Date: April 1, 2022
Electronic Transactions and Communications
By using the Service, you agree to transact electronically through the Site. You agree that your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature. You further agree that your use of a key pad, mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar act/action, constitutes your signature as if actually signed by you in writing. You also agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your electronic signature, and the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your electronic signature.
By providing your telephone number, you are providing express written consent to receive communications from Company, (including its affiliates, agents, service providers, and affiliates for the purposes of defined above) for any purpose, including but not limited to marketing various services from both Company and companies Company has joint marketing agreements with. Additionally, you agree to receive communications from Company regarding your any service, and any information you may have obtained via your use of a Website. You agree that these communications include, but are not limited to, the use of an Automated Telephone Dialing System, prerecorded and/or artificial voice, SMS, MMS, text, fax, email or other similar means, regardless of whether your phone number is registered on a state or federal Do Not Call list. You agree that Company is not responsible for any charges to you regarding these communications. Standard voice and data rates may apply. Further, you understand that you do not need to provide this consent to call as a condition to receive any good or service, in which case you will not provide your phone number.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- Ensuring that your use of the Website does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Only persons who are 18 or older are permitted to register and make a purchase on the Website.
- All information you submit to us on the Website is your own information and is truthful and accurate.
To access the Website or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Website that all the information you provide on the Website is correct, current and complete.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Company name, the terms Jack Nadel International, the Company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company.
All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Any user may provide content or materials to us (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the Website. User retains ownership of all User Contributions furnished by user subject to the non-exclusive license for us and our partners) to use the User Contributions to make custom merchandise for user. You represent and warrant that you own and control all rights in and to such User Contributions and have the legal right and authority to grant the license to us. Further, you agree to defend, indemnify an hold us and our officers, directors, employees, agents, sales representatives, suppliers, and partners harmless in the event any User Contribution furnished by you infringes upon, violates or misappropriates any property of any third-party.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
You acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to terminate your account and/or cancel your purchase order(s) at our sole discretion.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Other Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
The limitation of liability set out above does not apply to liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
- PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY - IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND GOVERNS HOW YOU AND Company CAN BRING CLAIMS AGAINST EACH OTHER. THIS SECTION WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU AND Company TO SUBMIT CLAIMS AGAINST EACH OTHER TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. THIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BRING A CLASS, COLLECTIVE, OR REPRESENTATIVE LAWSUIT IN A COURT OF LAW BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY CONCERNING ANY DISPUTE THAT MAY ARISE WHICH IS COVERED BY THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND ARE INSTEAD AGREEING TO SUBMIT ANY SUCH DISPUTE SOLELY ON YOUR OWN BEHALF TO AN IMPARTIAL ARBITRATOR.
- Agreement to Arbitrate
- You and Company mutually agree to forego the delay and expense of using a court of law and choose instead to benefit from the speedy, economical, and impartial dispute resolution procedure of using binding arbitration for any "Covered Claims" (as defined below) that arise between You and Company, its related and affiliated companies, and/or any current or former employee, officer, or director of Company or any related or affiliated company. You and Company agree that this Arbitration and Class Action Waiver is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq., and will survive even after these Terms and Conditions ('Terms') and any Services terminate. Any revision to or termination of the Terms that modify or terminate this Arbitration and Class Action Waiver shall not apply to a pending arbitration, to any claim that accrued prior to the modification or termination, or to any claim that the asserting party knew about prior to the modification or termination, except as may be required by applicable law.
- Claims Subject to Arbitration
- Other than the exceptions in the "Excluded Claims" Section below, the "Covered Claims" include any and all controversies, disputes, disagreements, and claims arising out of, or relating to, these Terms (including its enforcement, breach, performance, interpretation, validity, or termination), or Your access to and/or use of the Services, or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Excluded Claims, Jurisdiction, and Venue
- The Covered Claims do not include (and thus shall not require arbitration of) the following types of claims that will hereafter be referred to as "Excluded Claims": (a) any claims that cannot be required to be arbitrated as a matter of law (including but not limited to claims by California residents under the California Private Attorney General Act of 2004 ("PAGA"), to the extent exclusion from arbitration is required by California law, and claims or charges that must be filed with a governmental administrative agency); (b) applications for provisional remedies, preliminary injunctions, and temporary restraining orders, including but not limited to those relating to actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of a party's copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights; and (c) small claims actions demanding $10,000 or less brought on an individual basis and within a small claims court's jurisdiction.
- Any Excluded Claims arising out of, or related to, these Terms shall be instituted exclusively in the in the state and federal courts located in the City Los Angeles, California, which shall be the exclusive forum for such claims. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over You by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- In the event You or Company choose to pursue arbitration of both Covered Claims and Excluded Claims and the other party objects, the Covered Claims must be arbitrated. In no event will Covered Claims be joined with Excluded Claims and litigated in court unless both parties agree to waive arbitration.
- Class Action Waiver
- Except as otherwise required under applicable law, You and Company agree to arbitrate any Covered Claims only on an individual basis and hereby waive any right to bring, participate in, or receive money or any other relief from any representative, class, or collective proceeding ("Class Action Waiver"). No party may bring a claim on behalf of other individuals, and no arbitrator hearing any claim under these Terms may: (a) without the consent of all parties, combine more than one individual's claim or claims into a single case; (b) order, require, participate in, or facilitate production of class-wide contact information or notification of others of potential claims; or (c) arbitrate any form of a class, collective, or representative proceeding.
- Arbitrability Determinations
- If a party violates the agreement to arbitrate by commencing an action asserting a Covered Claim in a court of law, then the court (and not an arbitrator) shall have the authority to resolve any disputes about the interpretation, formation, existence, enforceability, validity, and scope of the this Arbitration and Class Action Waiver. If a party complies with the agreement to arbitrate and files for arbitration without filing a complaint in a court of law, then the arbitrator shall have the authority to resolve any disputes about the interpretation of this Arbitration and Class Action Waiver for purposes of discovery or the merits of the underlying claim, but shall have no authority to resolve any disputes about the formation, existence, enforceability, or validity of this Arbitration and Class Action Waiver, including the Class Action Waiver.
- Arbitration Rules, Procedures, and Costs
- To initiate arbitration, the party desiring to pursue a legal dispute must prepare a written demand setting forth the claim(s) and deliver the written demand within the applicable statute of limitations period by hand or first class mail to Company representatives at 5820 Uplander Way, Culver City, CA 90230. You and Company agree that the arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") before a single arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties, and if the parties cannot agree within thirty (30) days after names of potential arbitrators have been proposed, then by a single arbitrator who is chosen by AAA. Except to the extent that they are modified by the rules below, if You are an individual person, the AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules that are in effect at the time of the filing of the demand will apply. Except to the extent that they are modified by the rules below, if You are not an individual person, but are an entity or company, the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules that are in effect at the time of the filing of the demand will apply.
- The parties agree that the applicable AAA rules are modified as follows:
- Any arbitrator must be neutral as to all parties. Standards for the recusal of an arbitrator shall be the same standards under which trial judges are recused under California law.
- No party is entitled to its attorneys' fees, except as may be awarded in a matter authorized by and consistent with applicable law.
- All discovery shall be subject to any and all objections available under FRCP 26(b). Each party shall avoid broad or widespread collection, search, and production of documents, including electronically stored information ("ESI"). If a compelling need is demonstrated by the requesting party, the production shall: (i) be narrowly tailored in scope; (ii) only come from sources that are reasonably accessible without undue burden or cost; and (iii) be produced in a searchable format, if possible without undue burden or cost, and which is usable by the receiving party and convenient and economical for the producing party. Where the costs and burdens of the requested discovery outweigh its likely benefit, considering the needs of the case, the amount in controversy, and the importance of the discovery in resolving the issues, the arbitrator shall deny such requests or order production on condition that the requesting party advance to the producing party the reasonable costs involved in making the production, subject to the allocation of costs in the final award.
- The arbitrator shall have the authority to award the same damages and other relief that would have been available in court pursuant to the law governing the Covered Claim(s).
- Either party shall have the right to file motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment/adjudication.
- The arbitrator shall have the authority to issue an award or partial award without conducting a hearing on the grounds that there is no claim on which relief can be granted or that there is no genuine issue of material fact to resolve at a hearing.
- The Federal Rules of Evidence shall apply to all arbitration proceedings.
- For discovery purposes only, an arbitrator may consolidate claims filed by multiple individuals, each on their own behalf, in a single arbitration proceeding, or may conduct a joint hearing for efficiency purposes, so long as the arbitrator does not (a) certify (conditionally or otherwise) a collective, class, or representative action that includes individuals who have not themselves already submitted their own individual claims, or (b) authorize the issuance of notice of the arbitration to individuals on the grounds that the arbitrator or any party believes there are other individuals who are similarly situated to or share commonality with a party to the arbitration.
- The arbitrator must issue a decision in writing, setting forth in summary form the reasons for the arbitrator's determination and the legal basis therefor.
- The arbitrator's authority shall be limited to deciding the case submitted by the parties to the arbitration. Therefore, no decision by any arbitrator shall serve as precedent in other arbitrations except to preclude the same claim from being re-arbitrated between the same parties.
- The parties may settle any dispute on a mutual basis without involvement of the arbitrator.
- If You initiate arbitration, You will pay the first $250, and Company will pay all other filing, administrative, or hearing fees. If the Company initiates arbitration, Company will pay all filing, administrative, and hearing fees. Regardless of which party initiates arbitration, You will remain responsible for Your attorneys' fees and costs unless the law governing the Covered Claim provides for an award of attorneys' fees and costs and the arbitrator determines as part of the arbitration award that You may recover a certain amount of attorneys' fees and costs.
- If any term or condition in this Arbitration and Class Action Waiver is determined to be unenforceable or in conflict with a mandatory provision of applicable law, it shall be construed to incorporate any mandatory provision, or the unenforceable or conflicting term or condition shall be automatically severed and the remainder of this Arbitration and Class Action Waiver shall not be affected. Provided, however, that if the Class Action Waiver is found to be unenforceable, then any claim brought on a class, collective, or representative action basis shall be adjudicated exclusively in the state and federal courts located in the City of Los Angeles, California, which shall be the exclusive forum for such claims. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over You by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by NADEL, 5820 Uplander Way, Culver City, California 90230.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.